IT is a rapidly and continuously evolving realm that requires all companies, even the ones that are not engaged in e-commerce, to stay up to date if they want to stay competitive. One of the best, most cost-efficient ways to ensure the stability, efficiency and security of IT systems is to outsource the related processes to specialized companies – here is what you need to know about the process and some of the most common services provided by managed IT and security firms.
What is, in fact, Managed IT?
The term refers to the services of specialized, third-party companies that provide IT infrastructure and technical support to their clients. Managed IT companies practically take over the tasks related to maintaining and upgrading IT systems in order to maintain their reliability and security.
Types of Services Offered by Managed IT Firms
The services offered by specialized IT companies encompass all areas related to computer systems, from data security solutions to backup recovery and from server and workstation maintenance to VoIP solutions. Here are some typical examples:
- Network and infrastructure services – these processes usually include the establishment and management of local area networks and wireless protocols as well as activities related to data backup;
- Data security – this type of service includes the implementation and maintenance of the solutions aimed at permanently preserving and improving the security of the personal and corporate data stored in the client’s system, including virus protection, anti-malware solutions and firewalls;
- Support services – most subscriptions or plans offered by managed IT companies include 24/7 professional support and assistance services, including remote troubleshooting;
- Communication services – many IT support companies offer managed communication services through voice over internet options, video and data solutions;
- Data analytics – this type of advanced services are important and especially useful for companies that want to monitor their digital data to reveal trends and to improve their business performance.
The Qualities to Look for with Your Managed IT Company
The providers of managed Denver IT services take on complex tasks that they can handle only if they are professional, with streamlined processes and the correct approach. Here are some qualities to look for when choosing the company to hire:
- Responsibility – your partner needs to be sure that you can get the IT assistance and help you need round the clock, on weekdays, weekends, public holidays, during the day and at night as well;
- State-of-the-art security solutions – you need a partner that is able to provide robust security solutions that can ward off and neutralize all threats, attacks and breaches;
- Solid backup recovery solutions – downtime due to power cuts and other crashes can happen any time. When such an event occurs, you need to be sure that your data are stored safely and they become retrievable at once when system integrity is restored;
- A wide range of services – ideally, your managed IT service provider can be your one-stop shop, the partner that can give perform all the tasks you need;
- Cross-platform accessibility – your IT partner needs to make your system safely accessible not only on desktop workstations, but also on mobile devices.